I cut out this long-sleeved button-up shirt in early March back when it was still cold. The weather warmed up quickly and I thought oh well. But we're back down to cool temperatures (even a frost last night), so in three sewing sessions I made this shirt and plan to wear is tonight.
I used two quilting fabrics, which I know is a hotly debated topic in the sewing world. I think the quality of the quilting fabric makes a huge different; the 'premium artist brands' feel so much softer and don't seem to fade as quickly as the cheap store brand. I really like color blocking on button-ups, so I had fun going through my stash until I found this navy and white floral print.
His method of sewing the collar looked like it would produce a much nicer result, but the included illustrations were a little vague to me. Luckily, I found the tutorials for the Granville shirt on the Sewaholic website, and Tasia seemed to be following the same book. Her instructions and photos were very clear and helped produce a very nice collar and stand that was symmetrical, and I didn't even cry during the sewing process.